HELP: not sure if I took the correct general biology sequence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProjectM

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is a complicated situation - I did not take my biology courses at my enrolled home college because it’s a pretty challenging course at that particular school. I ended up permitting at another school for Bio 1 and due to personal reasons, I ended up taking Bio 2 at a whole different school two years later. Apparently the school that I took Bio 2 at has a slightly differently curriculum from my home school and essentially, Bio 2 is deemed Bio 1 at that school. This is where it gets even more complicated because the permit at my school states that that the bio 2 I took is equivalent to bio 2 at my home school despite it having the same curriculum as bio 1 for the home school. Despite this, I still ended up getting credit for bio 2 because of the technical equivalency. So my question is: do dental schools see this as not having completed the general biology sequence? I only recently found after I took the class and I’m planning on applying for the next cycle with no plans to take another class except to just study for the DAT. Any help would be really appreciated!

Moral of the story: don’t take courses at a different school besides your home school if you can help it!!

Members don't see this ad.

Another moral just because a class is challenging doesn’t mean take the easy way out.

Reactions: 1 users
Another moral just because a class is challenging doesn’t mean take the easy way out.

Yup, unfortunately I was a naive freshman and listened to the seniors who told me to take the easy route. Lesson learned

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, unfortunately I was a naive freshman and listened to the seniors who told me to take the easy route. Lesson learned

I respect the fact you learn from your ways. You will be fine in dental school.

Reactions: 1 user