Other OT-Related Information HELP, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PERSONAL STATEMENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starlove2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am finishing up OTCAS application and have very very difficult time in starting my personal statement. I have never done anything like this, and english is my second language. How do I start? What are the questions I need to answer? Also, I take care of elderly ladies in the past and I love elderly so very much and my dream is to work with them. How do I put that in my personal statement? Is personal statement one page times new roman 12 pt? I am so scared. I also have 2 F's when I lost my sister, I couldn't pay attention to classes that semester but I retake them and now they are A and B+. Please help me. I really want to be an OT so much and I am 42 years old, this is my dream. Any help I can get from you, I really appreciate it very much.
Best Regards
Star

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey star,

This process is stressful, but we're all in this together :) Here are questions I tried to answer in an essay format for OTCAS my personal statement:

1.) Why do I want to be an OT? Was there a specific experience that led me on this path? (This could be your intro paragraph)
2.) What are goals that I have as a future OT? What populations or settings do I want to serve in the future? (In this paragraph, you can talk about how you want to work in geriatrics and why)
3.) What did I gain from my shadowing experiences and work experiences that would help me be a great OT? (In this paragraph, you can talk about how you already have experience in working with the elderly! )
4.) What makes me unique and different? (You are an older student that is probably really mature and dedicated!)
5.) conclusion
Thank you so very much 10ninja <3