HELP on memorizing for Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand MCAT isn't just memorizing, but I was reading through the EK Endrocology lecture and reproduction section, and apparently we need to memorize all the hormone and functions/locations. How did everyone study the EK bio section? did you memorize a section everyday to "engrave" it to your mind for the mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know the FLAT PEG memnonic? Anterior pituitary hormones are FH LH ACTH TSH Prolactin Endorphins GH

I understand MCAT isn't just memorizing, but I was reading through the EK Endrocology lecture and reproduction section, and apparently we need to memorize all the hormone and functions/locations. How did everyone study the EK bio section? did you memorize a section everyday to "engrave" it to your mind for the mcat?

These are definitely things that you should have down by memory. Yes, the MCAT is mostly application, but if you don't have certain facts to draw on, you cannot apply them to anything and analyze new situations.

Personally, I have made flashcards of just about everything. I find that this is the best way to constantly keep information fresh in your head.

I can't memorize too well, and since I don't major in bio, I find it difficult too after seeing many topics such as the ones you described. I despise endocrinology and embryology, but getting better at the latter. My strategy is to read on it everyday, treat it as light reading, and look it up on websites where people usually come up with better explanations/mnemonics. Basically read all I can about a certain topic. I know it takes time but I feel better this way :laugh:

As for the EK, I did the 1001. Learn by doing is my motto, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't memorize too well, and since I don't major in bio, I find it difficult too after seeing many topics such as the ones you described. I despise endocrinology and embryology, but getting better at the latter. My strategy is to read on it everyday, treat it as light reading, and look it up on websites where people usually come up with better explanations/mnemonics. Basically read all I can about a certain topic. I know it takes time but I feel better this way :laugh:

As for the EK, I did the 1001. Learn by doing is my motto, lol.

ditto... i suck at memorizing but lots of practice and repetition tends to make it stick =)

Look at it over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....I don't know of a better memorization strategy than tons of repetition. You just have to put in the time.