Help on what to do next year

Started by hhs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hhs

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am a Texas resident and only received one interview this time through the TMDSAS system at the new Texas Tech program in El Paso. I am nervous about my chances of getting in on the match day and want to proactive about what I should plan on doing next year.

My Stats are:
GPA: 3.58/4.0
sGPA: 3.59/4.0
MCAT: 28O V: 9 PS: 9 B:10
Strong extracurriculars and research and shadowing under various surgeons

I am currently signing up to take the MCAT again in April and feel I can significantly raise my score hopefully into the low 30 range. I was just wondering what some recommendations for next year would be.

As of right now I am strongly considering both SMP programs at UNT Health Science Center and also Tulane as my two main options. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on those programs or any other possible approaches to my next year.

Thanks!