Help on which DO schools to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeriousMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help on which DO schools to apply. My stats: GPA overall 3.55; Science GPA 3.45, MCAT 508 (128/124/128/128) CAR was the odd man out and I know it is a major cause for concern. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly, VCOM- all campuses, LECOM, ACOM, CUSOM, etc

You can apply to any DO school you want and should be competitive everywhere, except for the public schools. Some to consider:

DMU, KCUMB, AZCOM, CCOM, ATSU, Western, Nova SE, UNE, and the ones listed above.

Members don't see this ad :)
I need help on which DO schools to apply. My stats: GPA overall 3.55; Science GPA 3.45, MCAT 508 (128/124/128/128) CAR was the odd man out and I know it is a major cause for concern. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Any of them, except Touro-NY and LUCOM. Why? Do a search.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for your responses. I am at the beginning of my search and will definitely put in some homework!! I just worry because of my super low CAR score of 124 and that some schools may automatically kick out my application!

Thank you all for your responses. I am at the beginning of my search and will definitely put in some homework!! I just worry because of my super low CAR score of 124 and that some schools may automatically kick out my application!
apply to MU-COM (Marian University, Indianapolis)! i had a similar overall GPA and much lower science GPA and MCAT and it worked out for me :)

apply to MU-COM (Marian University, Indianapolis)! i had a similar overall GPA and much lower science GPA and MCAT and it worked out for me :)

Same & was VERY impressed. Their entering class stats are solid & you can do all 4 clinical years in Indy if you wanted to. Many DO schools require you to bounce around the country for clinicals so this was a huge plus

That you for all the encouraging remarks. I will apply to all the schools mentioned and more until $ runs out :)