help: penis pimple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor7

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all...thanks to all the input from my farting problem from a few months back. I've taken the dietary advice and it has worked well.

Now for the penis pimple. So last night...I'm trying to study in my boxers and, as usual, I reach down to give my penis a nice scratchin'. instead of the usual relief...oh crap, there's a zit on mr. penis. first thing i did was remember the last time i had something similar...i remember that i squeezed it really hard and blood came out...and then it healed. but that was years ago and i was in middle school and not medical school. so, i waited until today and i gave it a good squeeze. this white crap came out of a little hole in the tip and it deflated a little. much like how a zit reacts. so, i'm trying to figure out what it is and what i should do next.
here are some more details:
it's definitely attached to the skin because i can move it around with the skin while the tissue below is held in place.

doesn't hurt unless i squeeze it

gets pretty hard (the pimple)...i've deflated it a little but it hasn't been "popped"

seems bigger today than it was yesterday

Question: what is it and what should i do to get rid of it. i don't wanna go to the doctor...i'm all about self medication. i thought of pulling my scapel out but that's sacrilegious.

Members don't see this ad.

just wanted to bump this to the top...i'm going to sleep with an unpopped penis pimple and i expect some answers when i wake up :)

an addition regarding whether it might be an STD...last time i had sex was...gee, just before medschool started...what a friggin' surprise. it's been months so it ain't an STD.

thanks,

dr7

While I'm no dermatologist, I do know that one can get pimples virtually anywhere. It seems that you have a predisposition to the penis variety, which would be distressing to any male.

I will tell you that penile skin has a relatively strong resistance to scar formation. This is why, for instance, you can surgically correct a hypospadias in a 2 day old and no scar will form. The same holds true for well-nourished men in their 20's.

Now, you implied that you have the ability to lance the pimple with a scalpel. I would advise against this. You're not a surgeon, and therefore, you're handy work might carry an increased risk of infection.

You do NOT want a penile infection or abscess.

My advice would be one of two things:

A. Use an anti-strident for five days and see if it facilitates penile healing

B. Pop it, followed by use of an anti-strident.

Good luck with your pimple. I hope all is fine when you awake in the morning.

PS. You know there is a difference between a pimple and a folliculitis (or a furnuncle or carbuncle, whatever), I assume. If a hair follicle is poking through the "white matter" of the lesion, it would not be a pimple, and the treatment might be different (i.e. wait and see...these things go away over the course of a few weeks, not days, and popping them or removing the hair carries the increased risk of scar formation).

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you uncircumcised?d Maybe it's just moist.

Are you sure it's a pimple or is it your phallus?

My friend didn't have that exact problem but had something worse. Anyways, he thought he finally grew his first pubic hair .... well ... that is until he pissed out of it. :(

Yeah...I may be a hair follicle. It seems to be in the right location: 1 inch from the base on the right underside. i might have buzzed a little too close that last time i took hairclippers to it...a few weeks ago.

however, it currently looks like a zit that you didn't completely pop and just washed really well. (some shinny tissue on top and still swollen underneath.) so it might be a zit.

It hasn't increased in size since yesterday and i gave it a good cleaning today. i will give it a couple of days then and see what happens...mostly because i'm too friggin scared (both of pain and infection) to pop it. i can get the anti-strident at any drug store, right?

yes, i am uncircumcised...moist? what?

pags...i was able to use "size" to distinguish a pimple from our phallus. don't worry, they're doing wonders with prosthetics these days.

Originally posted by wyldstyle2000:
•My friend didn't have that exact problem but had something worse. Anyways, he thought he finally grew his first pubic hair .... well ... that is until he pissed out of it. :( •••

ok...definitely not that one. no way this thing is attached to my urethra...i hope.

Dude, this sounds serious. I think your going to have to get the whole thing chopped off.

Seriously, could be a form of herpes. I've read that herpes may appear as pimples in the genital area. Better get it checked out and not pop it or it may spread.

I would suggest the complete removal of the penis. You have stated it hasn't been used in months and seems only to cause problems. Think of it like an appendix or a kidney, you can live without one.

if it is painful and has white puss coming out of it...by your description it is most likely an inflamed hair follicle and it will take a couple of weeks for it to heal. use a polysporin on it and just be patient. it is not abnormal. it is not so likely to be a pimple, so its going to take longer for it to heal than you might think. it may also remain as a little nubbin type thing for a while after it heals. it isn't herpes because your symptoms would be systemic if it was your first exposure to herpes, it isn't warts if white puss comes from it, and it isn't syphilis if it is painful to the touch.

best wishes.

dnt is right - sounds like a nubbin. Looks like you got a nipple on your penis!! :eek:

Hi doctor 7,

I was reading your post and the replies, and it does seem like an inflamed hair follicle. I have had one or two in my time and I notice that I have gotten them when the hairs are starting to grow back after clipping. I have squeezed the "pimple" and then applied astringent. It goes away in a day or two. Yes it can be sore I do agree. My suggestion, like others, would be to tend to it for 5 days and if it stays the same or worsens you might want to get it checked because it could be an abcess or even herpes (though i don't think it would be herpes by what you have dscribed thus far)

Good luck!

thanks for all the replies...i think the hair follicle is most likely. i will post the results (full recovery or penis loss) in a few days.

Yea..most likey just an infected something...must keep things clean down there...

No offense ment to anyone, but seriously, what kind of self respecting male clips down there like that?

Best to all, JA

It could be a chancroid, a soft lesion caused by Hemophilus ducreyi. If your "pimple" becomes painful with concomitant inguinal lymphadenopathy, take Azithromycin 1 g PO,once or 250 mg Ceftriaxone IM once or Erythromycin 500 mg PO qid for 7 d. :cool:

Quick update, I'm in the middle of a craploada studying right now. Same size...less aparent pain/itchiness. Touching it directly on top causes no pain sensation. However, squeezing it from the side hurts a hell load. Basically nothing different but just something I noticed today.

My friend, it sounds like you need to wash your genitals more frequently. Good luck with your "zit". Let us know if it (the penis, not the zit) falls off.

Hmmm.....Have you ever considered that this may have been a parasitic twin ?

Popping may be considered murder in some states. :eek:

This is the funniest post Ive read at SDN. Of course I dont have much humor to chose from. Anyone have a good vagina pimple problem? If this is bonifide penis pimple problem, jus plz dont post a pic of the results. Happy popping

Status
Not open for further replies.