Help. Please. Committee Letter Explanation

Started by dexter7788
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

May I ask which school is asking for a letter directly from the premed committee? Just because I am similarly skipping the committee letter (and probably won't apply to that school).

For other schools, I would imagine that something like "I realized that I wanted to pursue medicine later in college, at which point I was no longer eligible for the school's pre-medicine track" would suffice.
 
May I ask which school is asking for a letter directly from the premed committee? Just because I am similarly skipping the committee letter (and probably won't apply to that school).

For other schools, I would imagine that something like "I realized that I wanted to pursue medicine later in college, at which point I was no longer eligible for the school's pre-medicine track" would suffice.

Thanks for the reply.

Stony Brook wants a letter directly from the committee... It's one of my top schools but now I'm not sure what to do. Even if the premed advisor agreed to write a letter of explanation, he would probably take months to get it done.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp, def taking Stony Brook off my list. My undergrad's administration/advising offices are an absolute nightmare to deal with, I would rather fill out 3 extra secondaries than ask them for 1 damn thing.
 
Welp, def taking Stony Brook off my list. My undergrad's administration/advising offices are an absolute nightmare to deal with, I would rather fill out 3 extra secondaries than ask them for 1 damn thing.

I completely understand... I'm so glad that I'm not working with them, but it sucks worrying about things like committee letters. Anyways, thanks for you input, much appreciated.