help please..........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loverboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys..I need help with two things...
1. The highest math course I have done so far is statistics, and recieved an "a" in it..however I don't want to take any more math courses if I don't need em for medschoool.. please help my by suggesting if I should take more math courses or not..
2. I'm takin my mcats this comin april 2002 and want a know if someone can help me with their mcat prep course..I'm kind a short on money and don't want to spend on kaplan course or so..if I should take kaplan course for sure let me know....

Members don't see this ad.

Stats is all the math you need. To save money, buy a review book for like $60 and look over class notes. That seems to be the most common way to study. Some folks take review classes, but their effectiveness varies...what you put in is what you get out of it. That applies to everything you do as a premed. You can study hard and put the time in on your own and you'll reap the benefits.

1. no. for the love of everything holy--please don't take anymore math courses
2. no. a review book and some good notes are all you need :) that and maybe a good study group to keep you on some kind of a schedule, and to pimp each other.

take it easy

homonculus

Members don't see this ad :)
1. no. for the love of everything holy--please don't take anymore math courses
••

My gawd, I literally fell off my chair laughing..... how true! :D

Also, keep in mind in picking up review books, that the MCAT hasn't really changed in 10+ years. The best prep book I've used for April 2001 MCAAT was my 1993-94 Betz guide (and I have all the newest Kaplan and Princeton review books).

Then again, I only read the "What to do the night before MCAT" section.... :eek:

-A

If your not going to take a course try some rgeat books to get are by Columbia Review. They are called "Columbia Review High Yield". I was taking a MCAT review course at a local medical school and they had those books for us and i'm not kidding when i say that they are AWSOME!!! There are seperate books for each of the subjects on the MCAT...bio, chem, orgo, and physics. And they are only $12.95. You'll have to get them online from BN.com or amazon.com because I don't believe that they sell them at any of the stores. Check them out. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Check with the med schools that you plan on applying to- i've seen some require calculus- i took that w/o trig & it's been a challenge :) Now that i think about it i don't think that any DO schools require calculus- so if you are only applying DO your fine! As far as Kaplan goes, the practice tests are the best part! you really get a feel for test day and you see the topics you need to work on the most. it is up to you and your financial situation!