Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bull's eye

The Gunslinger
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I Have applied for neurosurg and need to apply ERAS for PGY-1 Gen Surg year. What do I do for a Personal statement and LoR's? Keep them the same as applying for neurosurg or change them like I'm gunning for general surg?
 
Changing your personal statement should be a fairly simple thing. At this point, I can't imagine going to all the work of getting new letters; your letter writers for neurosurg can attest to your general abilities, and I think most programs understand that applicants do change their minds, even during the application process (even if it's such a minor change, as from neurosurg to general). If programs have questions, this is something you can clarify further in interviews; I doubt a progam would deny an interview simply based on a letter that seems more geared to neurosurg than gen surg.