Help regarding submitting incorrect NYS license application

Started by DrGymRat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrGymRat

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, am a graduating IMG and will be doing a non-ACFMG accredited fellowship for 12 months in New York State.

I mistakenly applied for a full licensure with NYS when in fact am joining as a PGY-6 under the sponsoring institution. I will be calling the NYS office to cancel and hopefully refund my application so I can resubmit again for a temp permit license. Wondering if this is common, and if this has an repercussion if I do consider joining the institution in the future for a full licensure?