HELP! Really bad rash bites doctor doesn't know what it is

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apex1212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I use these forums frequently but to keep my identity private I've made a new account for this thread.
So I started getting these little "bites" that turn into a really bad rash about last friday. At first it was a few really small ones, then new ones started showing up every day and the old ones turns even more red, raised, and itchy and get a little bit bigger a few days after they pop up. So basically, when a new bump starts, it'll start out really small and red and somewhat itchy. A few days later, the small bump will start getting bigger, more raised, more itchy, and some of them have scabs in the middle. I went to the doctor and he/she said it might be scabies but I looked up scabies and they seem to be more clumped together in one spot. Mine is not clumped, they are huge red bumps that are spread around my back, some on my stomach, and some have recently started appearing on my arm and legs (not as many as on my back though). The doctor told me to use 1% permethrin to see if it will get better, I just used it this tuesday and new bumps have started appearing since I used it and it is even worse than before so I don't think the medicine is helping. I'm not sure if this is bed bugs. I looked all around my bed but see no sign of black feces, or dead bugs, or blood on sheets. I would like to be completely sure that I have bed bugs before I invest hundreds of dollars to pay an exterminator. Another reason I don't think it's bed bugs is because it has gotten so bad in such a short amount of time. It started about a week ago and now my whole back is filled with bites. It's thanksgiving so I can't contact the doctor and I feel like he/she is completely clueless and does not know what it is (he/she did not even do a test). I'm afraid that I won't be able to make a dermatologist appointment before it gets even worse so if any one have any idea of what it is, please let me know. And it is very very itchy. When a new bump start out, it is somewhat itchy but becomes even more itchy a few days later once it gets bigger. Please help me out!!!

These are pictures I took (click on them if you wanna enlarge them):
IMG_4571.jpg for this one, the bump at the bottom is what a new bump look like when it first pop up.
IMG_4572.jpg this is what an old bump look like. I had this one since last week.

IMG_4576.JPG this is on my forearm
IMG_4584.jpg these bumps are on my back, it basically looks like this all over my back and is very itchy.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.jpg
    IMG_4573.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 53
Do not pass go. Do not collect 200. go directly to your friendly local dermatologist's office.

Closing.

Sdn forums are not to be used for medical advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.