Help: Schedule for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kris2c

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anybody have a study schedule for step 2 ? I will appreciatte your help
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I have 2 weeks off between 3rd and 4th year, so I'm just going to be studying Boards and Wards, Crush Step 2 and QBank 8 hours a day. :)

Hmm. I didn't really use a study schedule for step II, I just studied whatever I felt like I needed to study. I'd just go by q-bank and try to do 50-100 questions per day in each subject (medicine, surgery, ob/gyn, etc) while reading in your review book (first aid, prescription for the boards, etc). When you run out of questions in that subject, then you can go onto the next subject. When you finish q bank, you can study whatever you did worse on in q bank and just do practice questions from whatever other book you have.

Kalel, Did you specifically have desiginated time off in which you studied, or did you study during another clkership? (And did you take it in time for interviews and to be released with your ERAS application or just took it later to pass?)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took December off for interviews and was planning on taking step II then, but I ended up not studying very much during December so I decided to postpone my test until January, during my radiology elective. My scores were released after my interviews, but prior to the deadline for programs in ERAS to submit their rank list (Feb 25th). If you did poorly on step I, or if you are confident you can score highly on step II; then I would advise taking it so that your score is released prior to your interviews. It takes ~3 weeks for scores to be released through ERAS.