HELP! Sent deposit to UPitt to be delivered on 12/26, but office is closed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bishbish777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent out my deposit to UPitt on 12/23 via Fedex overnight to be delivered on 12/26. I assumed that it would have arrived by now. I just checked the tracking and Fedex says they have attempted to deliver it twice but the office is closed. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get them my deposit by December 31st if their office is not receiving mail.

Anybody else submit a deposit to UPitt or have a similar experience at another school?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure the deposit just has to be postmarked for the 31st at the latest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...I believe that you should be okay. However, they will probably receive it on the 5th. As long as it is postmarked before the 31st, you should be fine.

I would call Fed Ex and let them know you want the package to be delivered. They will try 3 times and if they cannot deliver, they will send it back to you. I'm not sure how that will work with the "postmark date" then. See what your options are via Fed Ex.

I would call Fed Ex and let them know you want the package to be delivered. They will try 3 times and if they cannot deliver, they will send it back to you. I'm not sure how that will work with the "postmark date" then. See what your options are via Fed Ex.

This is why I hate FedEx and why I posted a note on my door to just leave the package if I'm not home. Never have a problem with UPS or USPS, only FedEx.

I feel a little better that somebody is in same boat with me. I have a little bigger issue than you. I sent a regular mail with no tracking on december 29, 2014. The UPS told me it will be delivered on December 31,2014. So, I wasn't worry about it. And now I remember I forgot to write down my name on the check.(I used my mom's bank check) So, I have to call school on Monday to figure out my situation. I assume if I tell them about my situation, I will be ok...If you don't feel secure about it, send a email to school.

Last edited: