Help......SLU????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUreds

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invite for an interview from St. Louis today. I have already been accepted to 2 other schools, Cincinnati and Case West. Could anyone tell me more about SLU that has interviewed there or if it is even worth missing class and driving 6 hours to interview there???? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

ummm, I interviewed there but didn't like it much. It's not in the best neighborhood and the facilities are not too impressive. Try reading more about it on there website.

Yeah, I was impressed at great deal at Cincinnati and it is my hometown. SLU is really expensive for not being a top 50 school. Anyone else have any suggestions on whether I should attend this interview or not??? I guess I am going to go look on interview feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too just received an invite to SLU but am turning it down because of acceptances I already hold, including Case Western. I can't say much about SLU except that a friend of mine who was accepted there really didn't like it compared to her other options (NYMC and ultimately UC Davis.) What I do know is that I really liked Case Western Reserve a lot. I don't know anything about Cincinnati, but if I were you I wouldn't hesitate to pick CWRU. There are many wonderful opportunities there (in both research and primary care) and the students are happy. And for what it's worth, in a conversation I had with a former UCSF School of Medicine faculty member, he really seemed to think CWRU was a fantastic school.

SLU must have sent out a bunch of invites because I received one also. I do not think I am going either. I have already been accepted elsewere and SLU is rather spendy. I have also heard the area is not very impressive.

Given that the area is bad, I think that it would make for more interesting clinical years. However, the library is small and old, but I think that I was told that they have access to WashU's library. Everyone commutes, as they live away from campus. SLU does do regional interviews, so call and find out if they do them in your area, waste a couple of hours and interview, if you are interested. Since you got into CWRU I wouldn't really waste my time if I were you. Good luck

i wouldn't waste my time if I were you. SLU is in the unfortunate position of being in a mid-sized city already served by an outstanding medical school (WashU). As a result all the best local resources/rotations, etc are through WashU and SLU comes in a very poor second. Either Cincinnati or Case Western are much better schools.