Help! Sub-I schedule conflicting with Interview season??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

longwaytogo

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have been looking forward to do a sub-internship in Plastics at a great institution on the East coast that would ideally be one of my top program picks. Unfortunately, the only sub-internship dates they had left over was mid-Nov to mid-Dec. Are a lot of interviews even given during this time?? Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I agreed to do the Sub-I during this period??

Any answer would be helpful. THanks!!!
 
while that is late I don’t think it will matter much. first a sub-I is one of your best ways to get in. programs are small and they love to rank people they "know." when I interviews 7 years ago now..my earliest plastic interview was late december and latest was feb. so, if you have to leave for an interview..not a big deal everyone understands how competitive it is. also at our program we have changed the format a bit..that the subi rotation is your interview. that opens some time up during the interview season (it is very hard to schedule interviews...many conflicts.) check because this may also be the situation for your program. so, I think if it a place you want to go...it is probably worth going. also do not schedule a sub-I then not show up for it. Cancelling is ok, not showing up because you didn’t cancel...you are removed from the interview pile at our institution.