Help/Thoughts on school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonder88

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.74 sGPA: 3.64 REAPPLICANT

MCAT Score: 10/2020: 509 (127/124/129/129) 5/2022: 517 (130/126/129/132)

AL Resident (ORM: Asian MALE)

T15 Undergraduate

Clinical Experience

CNA/PCT: 1000 hours

Medical Abroad trip (one week)

Veterans Hospital Volunteer (50) + Hospital Lab volunteer (50)

Research Experience

(3 separate labs, two summers around 400-500 hours each) à one of the labs 2 pubs still pending….

Most recent lab: conference proceeding pub

Non-clinical volunteering: STEM outreach, etc (around 100-120 hours), 2 leadership positions

Shadowing experience: (100 hours)

Other: COVID-19 Contact Tracing remote (880 hours) contract pos

Private tutoring

Last year: 2 IIs in-state (post-II R, post-II W)

Current School List:
U Cincinnati
University of Illnois
USF
Emory
Ohio State
Tulane
U Miami
UAB
Saint Louis (not washu)
Tufts
Creighton
NYMC
USA (alabama)
Temple
Mount Sinai
WakeF
Chicago Rosalind Franklin
MCW
AlbertE
Albany

Maybe: Georgetown, GW, Loyola, Geiseiger? Seems like my non-clinical ECs are wayyy way too low for them, I am projected to increase these EC hours this coming year.

What are your thoughts on my current school list? Too-top heavy? Trying to apply to 27 schools +/- 3 (max 30)

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Alabama
South Alabama
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
USF Morsani
Miami
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hofstra
Einstein
Albany
Mount Sinai
NYMC
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin

In-state schools are almost always your best bet. I would focus very hard on the waitlisted school. I know a lot of people who got waitlisted at a single school one year and then applied early decision to that school the next year and got accepted.

Why do you think you got the R from your other interview, as opposed to a W? This info could really help with your future applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state schools are almost always your best bet. I would focus very hard on the waitlisted school. I know a lot of people who got waitlisted at a single school one year and then applied early decision to that school the next year and got accepted.

Why do you think you got the R from your other interview, as opposed to a W? This info could really help with your future applications.
I messed up my interview, &&& should've shown more passion and smiled more/more enthusiastic

Well that's good that you have the self awareness to see what it was. Make sure to get good interview prep/coaching from someone you trust.

Reactions: 1 user