Help! U of Illinois vs ISU?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FriskyPony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already asked about KSU vs ISU, and now that I finally decided on ISU, I got an offer from the U of Illinois, so I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any pluses and minuses regarding Illinois vs ISU. I am currently interested in equine (and behavior and micro/pathology).

Members don't see this ad.

isn't illinois one of the ones you can get residency for?

if so cheaper is always a huge bonus (at least it is for poor old me :))

if i were down to two choices (and i'm super jealous of you), then i would probably visit both campuses and ask students what they like and what they dont like about their schools. and even talk to the equine/path/micro/behavior departments and ask them about more info about the school. maybe go to ratemyprofessor.com and find out which one has the best professors or something. your'e going to be spending the next 4 years of your life at one of these schools....do everything possible to find out everything about each of those schools.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Frisky Pony,
If you have visited both places, where did you get the best sense. I heard that when people visit a school, there is some "6th sense" that they get in which they get the right feel about a school.

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut I guess;)