help, uhnnnff... gonna pass out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy_cavalier

T3-Weighted
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's against the policy to ask for medical advice and all, but boy lemme tell ya...

I just vomited. A LOT. I mean, this was godless spewing. I was feeling very nausceous and everything from the bottom of my gut right on up to my chest felt like ****, so I induced vomiting. I suspected it was food poisoning or something.

Anyway I feel somewhat better but I'm afraid I'm drastically dehydrated from the ordeal. I also know that if I try to down anything (gatorade/water/whatever), I'll feel sick again. So um, I guess I'll try to just sleep this off... I just hope it doesn't put too much strain on my body. I'm telling you, it was a lot, I felt like I lost liters of water...

Any thoughts?

(p.s. I posted this in the lounge as well, but there are more active users currently in pre-allo)

Members don't see this ad.

crazy_cavalier said:
I know it's against the policy to ask for medical advice and all, but boy lemme tell ya...

I just vomited. A LOT. I mean, this was godless spewing. I was feeling very nausceous and everything from the bottom of my gut right on up to my chest felt like ****, so I induced vomiting. I suspected it was food poisoning or something.

Anyway I feel somewhat better but I'm afraid I'm drastically dehydrated from the ordeal. I also know that if I try to down anything (gatorade/water/whatever), I'll feel sick again. So um, I guess I'll try to just sleep this off... I just hope it doesn't put too much strain on my body. I'm telling you, it was a lot, I felt like I lost liters of water...

Any thoughts?

(p.s. I posted this in the lounge as well, but there are more active users currently in pre-allo)

I would try and get some gatorade in your system, or you'll feel like ass in the morning. If you have any stomach medications, maybe take that first to settle it, wait a bit, then drink some gatorade/salt water.

My thoughts are: go to Urgent Care! You might lose too much water/electrolytes.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, crazy, i hope you feel better soon :)

crazy_cavalier said:

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you feel better. Food poisoning can be pretty miserable.

I find that Ginger Ale is palatable in those cases. I think the carbonation helps to settle the stomach. Sprite, 7up or Sierra Mist would probably work too.

dabigv13 said:
I would try and get some gatorade in your system, or you'll feel like ass in the morning. If you have any stomach medications, maybe take that first to settle it, wait a bit, then drink some gatorade/salt water.

If you can get Pedialyte, that drink they make for kids, that would be even better than gatorade. It's actually better for you than gatorade. That's not medical advice, it's big sister advice. Check out webMD too, that'll give you a good gauge when you should stop trying to treat yourself and get professional medical attention.

LucidSplash said:
If you can get Pedialyte, that drink they make for kids, that would be even better than gatorade. It's actually better for you than gatorade. That's not medical advice, it's big sister advice. Check out webMD too, that'll give you a good gauge when you should stop trying to treat yourself and get professional medical attention.

Pedialyte for sure. That stuff works miracles when you are dehydrated and hung over after a long night of heavy drinking.

crazy cav, I hope you're better by now. But I just have to say "godless spewing"? :laugh: That's great.

crazy_cavalier said:

Any thoughts?

Club soda....sprite....and some vodka