Help, want cardio fellowship in future...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeverGiveUp-SN

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having a very hard time with my residency match ROL. Can anyone help with a bit input? I know it's pretty much none high tier but I still want to pursue cardiology (ultimate goal is interventional cardiology). Which one of these will help me more? I am green card holder, Caribbean Grad.

1. UPMC mercy, PA - love it because I heard as long as it has the nameUPMC,I can easily get into a cardio fellowship. Right?
2. Danbury Hosptial (One of 7 Yale consortiums), CT - not sure how close to Yale I could get. But they felt like one other topper ones.
3.NYU Lutheran IM categorical - now is NYU IM Brooklyn campus I believe. Will be switching to primary care only next yr.
4.Rochester regional health, Unity hospital, NY (Primary??)
5. Mercy Catholic Medical Ctr, PA - 2 cardio grad last yr?
6. Coney Island hospital, ny- currently DO cardio program, might merge to MD program hopefully in 2020?
7. Naples community hospital, FL - affiliate of Mayo Clinic - new program
8. RFUMS/ Chicago Medical School at McHenry (currently yr 2 I believe)
9. U Texas Rio Grande Valley, Harlingen, tx


Sincerely, any help appreciated!!! I really need a lot more input about these programs. Thanks so much.
 
I am having a very hard time with my residency match ROL. Can anyone help with a bit input? I know it's pretty much none high tier but I still want to pursue cardiology (ultimate goal is interventional cardiology). Which one of these will help me more? I am green card holder, Caribbean Grad.

1. UPMC mercy, PA - love it because I heard as long as it has the nameUPMC,I can easily get into a cardio fellowship. Right?
2. Danbury Hosptial (One of 7 Yale consortiums), CT - not sure how close to Yale I could get. But they felt like one other topper ones.
3.NYU Lutheran IM categorical - now is NYU IM Brooklyn campus I believe. Will be switching to primary care only next yr.
4.Rochester regional health, Unity hospital, NY (Primary??)
5. Mercy Catholic Medical Ctr, PA - 2 cardio grad last yr?
6. Coney Island hospital, ny- currently DO cardio program, might merge to MD program hopefully in 2020?
7. Naples community hospital, FL - affiliate of Mayo Clinic - new program
8. RFUMS/ Chicago Medical School at McHenry (currently yr 2 I believe)
9. U Texas Rio Grande Valley, Harlingen, tx


Sincerely, any help appreciated!!! I really need a lot more input about these programs. Thanks so much.


If priority is cards fellowship, then all u have to look at is cards fellowship match rate, research opportunities. They should have given you this information on interview day