woox

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys, I am a business admin major and I took applied calc 1 and 2 for business majors which has no trig.

My question is do I need to take calculus based physics or algebra based physics? I know it depends on the schools (I plan on going to texas dent schools), but on one of the school sites it says:

Physics- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.

Does this mean Calculus based? - I fear that I am at a dead end here as the business calc classes I took are not considered the pre-reqs for the Calc physics, what should I do??

iwannabadentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
check out whats required for science majors at your school. then take that (regardless of what prereqs you may have to take). usually for science majors, its NOT calculus based. if ur school doesn't offer any non-calculus based physics, check the local CC.

woox

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
check out whats required for science majors at your school. then take that (regardless of what prereqs you may have to take). usually for science majors, its NOT calculus based. if ur school doesn't offer any non-calculus based physics, check the local CC.
My school offers both and for Biology degree (BA) it says that Calculus or Algebra based will suffice...so im good w/ algebra based?

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
I have never heard of a dental school asking specifically for a calc-based physics. As long as its called "physics" your good to go lol

Trust me your not going to do any physics in dental school and it isn't even part of DAT. What a useless requirement

icedspice

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I am from texas - it doesnt matter which one you take. I would take the algebra, its easier (unless you are a genius at calculus).
and yeah, like dentalworks said... you wont need it again. not on the dat, not in DS. (but it does count as science gpa, so ace it)

tizom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Dental Student