HELP Which letter of recommendation should I use?

Which recommender?

• Recommender 1

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Recommender 2

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

lovedaph12

2+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I am applying for a research award and I am having a dilemma about which letter of recommendation to use due to a situation where I had to find a new recommender last minute! I already have two recommenders-- one from a PI at a research facility that I've worked with ~2 years and a faculty professor that I've done research with as an undergrad.

Here are my options:

Recommender 1 (Research Coordinator) : Have interned/worked in research lab with them for ~2 years; may have to write the draft letter (which I have the potential to write a strong one) but I already have a letter from her boss (PI)

Recommender 2 (Professor) : Have only worked with her for a short period of time for an independent research project; said they are willing to write a letter but doubting how strong it'll be due to short history

I was thinking of using #2 since I already have the boss of Recommender 1 writing me a letter?

Please help!

lovedaph12

2+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I know you all are best at school recommendation lists but do you have any thoughts regarding this letter of recommendation dilemma? Thanks in advance! @Faha @Goro @gyngyn

jhmmd

supernatural
Apr 28, 2020
on the wall
Hi everyone,

I am applying for a research award and I am having a dilemma about which letter of recommendation to use due to a situation where I had to find a new recommender last minute! I already have two recommenders-- one from a PI at a research facility that I've worked with ~2 years and a faculty professor that I've done research with as an undergrad.

Here are my options:

Recommender 1 (Research Coordinator) : Have interned/worked in research lab with them for ~2 years; may have to write the draft letter (which I have the potential to write a strong one) but I already have a letter from her boss (PI)

Recommender 2 (Professor) : Have only worked with her for a short period of time for an independent research project; said they are willing to write a letter but doubting how strong it'll be due to short history

I was thinking of using #2 since I already have the boss of Recommender 1 writing me a letter?

Please help!
I would go with the first LOR, but use your good judgment

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads