HELP! why timentin is usually not recommended for CHF pt?

Started by bumbumbum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bumbumbum

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please help. I searched every where. can't find the answer. thank you so so much for your help.

bum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, sodium.

I didn't remember the exact amount, so I looked it up in F&C. "The theoretical sodium content is 4.51 mEq (103.6 mg) per gram of ticarcillin/clavulanate. The theoretical total sodium content of the 100 mL premixed solution is 18.7 mEq (429 mg), of which 15.6 mEq (359 mg) is contributed by the ticarcillin component of ticarcillin/clavulanate. Consider this when treating patients requiring restricted salt intake."