Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Going to tryyy and keep this short haha:
I'm having a hard time determining how to go about pursuing medical school. I have a few time constraints and was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to make this happen?
Here's a brief picture of what my life looks like right now:
* Working full time with with unpredictable hours (RN)
* Miss ______ USA 2014 (I'm competing)
* Child Ambassador for a non-profit organization (flexible hours, I host events)
* Currently in the process of publishing a literature review
* Active Network Marketer
* Active member of my Church
* In the process of starting own non-profit/grant/organization
* 23 years old, no kids/family constraints
* University, Double major, Undergrad grade: 3.2
* Currently taking Chemistry at a community college (attempting a post-bacc program at a university)
Here are my main questions:
1. Should I go to a university and pursue a 3rd bachelor's degree? Or continue with a post-bacc program? Online classes? What is the best way to complete the pre-requisites for medical school when my schedule is as crazy as it is? What would look best to impress a medical school? I've heard of people just taking the required classes from a community college and then going from there, others recommend another bachelors degree at a university. Which one?
2. Is it possible to aim to go to a specific medical school?
3. I guess I'm generally just feeling overwhelmed on how to map out my life as a "pre-med" um... person. I feel both excited, but nervous because I don't want to miss anything or screw something up. I plan on doing this preparation within the next 3 years. Is that possible?
I'm having a hard time determining how to go about pursuing medical school. I have a few time constraints and was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to make this happen?
Here's a brief picture of what my life looks like right now:
* Working full time with with unpredictable hours (RN)
* Miss ______ USA 2014 (I'm competing)
* Child Ambassador for a non-profit organization (flexible hours, I host events)
* Currently in the process of publishing a literature review
* Active Network Marketer
* Active member of my Church
* In the process of starting own non-profit/grant/organization
* 23 years old, no kids/family constraints
* University, Double major, Undergrad grade: 3.2
* Currently taking Chemistry at a community college (attempting a post-bacc program at a university)
Here are my main questions:
1. Should I go to a university and pursue a 3rd bachelor's degree? Or continue with a post-bacc program? Online classes? What is the best way to complete the pre-requisites for medical school when my schedule is as crazy as it is? What would look best to impress a medical school? I've heard of people just taking the required classes from a community college and then going from there, others recommend another bachelors degree at a university. Which one?
2. Is it possible to aim to go to a specific medical school?
3. I guess I'm generally just feeling overwhelmed on how to map out my life as a "pre-med" um... person. I feel both excited, but nervous because I don't want to miss anything or screw something up. I plan on doing this preparation within the next 3 years. Is that possible?