Help with an LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful324

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

One of my letter writers (a professor) asked me to write a short paragraph on 3 of my most important activities to include in his letter. While I have 3 in mind (research, teaching, clinical experience) some of them will already be addressed in my other letters by those who have witnessed me participate in them first hand. I am wondering whether or not I should choose another 3 that will not be addressed in my other letters for this paragraph even though they might not be as significant. I am leaning towards a "yes" but wanted a second opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

@gonnif So I should not mention anything about any of the activities I'm involved in? I believe this professor is already going to address my performance in his class and my personal attributes in the remainder of his letter. Could I perhaps mention a few activities that further demonstrate the skillset/characteristics he has seen?

@gonnif Oh I see. In that case, do you think I should stick to activities that are not going to be mentioned by other LOR writers? For example, if I already have a research LOR, should I be including my research experiences in this paragraph?