Help with calculating Syntax score for patient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WANDOC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently helping out with research, which involves enrolling patients for transcatheter procedures.

One of the exclusion criterias for patient selection is "Syntax score >22"

One of our prospective patient is s/p CABG and I was asked by the research team to look up how to calculate his Syntax score.

I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything. Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this and could maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

I already looked at that website but it doesn't mention how to or if you could even calculate syntax scores for patients with prior cardiac procedures.

I noticed the syntax trial excluded patients with prior cardiac procedures so my gut tells me you can't even calculate syntax score for patients with prior CABG, but I'm not sure since I can't find any concrete info on it....

My bad. As far as I know, you're assumption is correct in that the score can only be applied for pre-operative patients. I'm not aware of any modified versions of the score for post-CABG patients.