Help with figure (heat map / ?clustering)

Started by mark-ER
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mark-ER

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Research peeps:

I am writing up a paper about NGS in advanced/metastatic cancers ... rather than presenting the data as a long-a$$ run-of-the-mill table, I would like to put together a figure similar to this:

http://www.translational-medicine.com/content/12/1/299/figure/F1

There must be a dedicated software or at least a plug-in module (Excel, matlab) that would allow me to create a figure like this. Something GUI would be best; I think having an option of further analysis (hierarchical clustering, PCA, etc) would be great, but not absolutely necessary for the journals I hope to target. I hope I do not have to brush off the dust from my R programming days,Thanks for you assistance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3M.jpg
I think R is the best way to go. You're gonna need this