Help with getting Hawaii license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheInformer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So here's my story...im from PA and will be graduating next month and have plans to move to Hawaii this summer so I want to get registered here in PA as my primary state and also get licensed in Hawaii so I can move there and start working. So now im stuck currently in the whole process of registering for naplex and mpje and needed some help.
I just dont know if what I am doing is correct and was hoping someone could direct me otherwise. So as far as my PA license goes, I have the Application for a PA pharmacist license filled out and ready to mail out and I went online at the NABP.net website and registered for PA as my primary state but selected and paid for PA and Hawaii under the MPJE. Under Score Transfer I listed Hawaii (I assume score transfer is the same as reciprocating my NAPLEX). Now as far as Hawaii goes, im assuming there is a separate Application for a Hawaii pharmacist license too right? I tried calling the State Board of Pharmacy for Hawaii and the girl who picked up wasnt too helpful and just said "did you look at our website" blah blah blah. So i went on their website and found a link titled "Application for Exam and License - Pharmacist" but looks completely different than the Application for a PA Pharmacist license so I wasnt sure if this was the same or not and I wanted to double check before I fill out any more forms and checks.
Sorry if this sounds confusing but maybe anyone else who is in my same situation may know what Im talking about. Bottom line is, I just want to get licensed in Hawaii in addition to PA and just need to know if I am doing everything correct.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever get your HI license? I'm a PY2 at UKCOP in the same situation and have found HI's website to be unfriendly/down most of the time. It'd be nice to find out how this story ended.