Help with information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all this is my first time posting but a long time visitor. I think this website is a great resource and appreciate any help given.

My situation is I'm currently in my third year at a community college in Canada and have recently started to seriously look in to medicine. Now after I complete my last year at CC i will go to university to take my pre-med courses. My dilemma is that my marks at CC are high enough that I can transfer over to university and get exempt from first year but I was wondering if its a good idea to skip first year. Would it be beneficial to me just to take first year class to improve my knowledge and potentially do well in the courses because I have taken similar courses or should I start in year two of the degree? Any advice on advantage/disadvantage of each choice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all this is my first time posting but a long time visitor. I think this website is a great resource and appreciate any help given.

My situation is I'm currently in my third year at a community college in Canada and have recently started to seriously look in to medicine. Now after I complete my last year at CC i will go to university to take my pre-med courses. My dilemma is that my marks at CC are high enough that I can transfer over to university and get exempt from first year but I was wondering if its a good idea to skip first year. Would it be beneficial to me just to take first year class to improve my knowledge and potentially do well in the courses because I have taken similar courses or should I start in year two of the degree? Any advice on advantage/disadvantage of each choice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not offering any advice since I'm not familiar with the Canadian system. What makes sense to me might be totally off the mark for the schools in your country.

Just wanted to say, "Welcome!" It's my favorite pre-med resource, too. I knew zilch about the process until I started coming here. I hope you continue to find it as helpful as I have.