Help with LOR...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I still have one LOR left to be written. It has been 6 weeks since I've asked, when I asked he said he would do it within a few weeks cause he was busy writing grants, so it should be up by mid-July ish. He told me to send him email reminders. I sent him one in week 3 and one in week 5, and also went to see him last Friday, he said oh yea, I know I've been ignoring you, I'll get it done next week, you should see it up by then. It's been a whole week and nothing...this last letter has been holding up many of my apps from being complete...Should I send him another email? The last thing I want to do is to annoy him or get him in a bad mood while writing it and it won't be as good of a letter...what do you all think? (this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it in search)

Members don't see this ad.

If you desperately need his letter then shoot him and email or go visit him again. Maybe bring along a thank you gift (guilt is a magical thing). I wouldn't do it today but if its not in by Wed you may want to get in touch some how.

I have the same issue going on with a prof who I told July 1st was the deadline. He still doesn't have it in. Fortunately I didn't need his letter because he was a back up. Still annoying though that had I needed it, I woulda been screwed