Help with LOR...

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    So I still have one LOR left to be written. It has been 6 weeks since I've asked, when I asked he said he would do it within a few weeks cause he was busy writing grants, so it should be up by mid-July ish. He told me to send him email reminders. I sent him one in week 3 and one in week 5, and also went to see him last Friday, he said oh yea, I know I've been ignoring you, I'll get it done next week, you should see it up by then. It's been a whole week and nothing...this last letter has been holding up many of my apps from being complete...Should I send him another email? The last thing I want to do is to annoy him or get him in a bad mood while writing it and it won't be as good of a letter...what do you all think? (this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it in search)

red10

7+ Year Member
    Jun 2, 2009
    1. Medical Student
      If you desperately need his letter then shoot him and email or go visit him again. Maybe bring along a thank you gift (guilt is a magical thing). I wouldn't do it today but if its not in by Wed you may want to get in touch some how.

I have the same issue going on with a prof who I told July 1st was the deadline. He still doesn't have it in. Fortunately I didn't need his letter because he was a back up. Still annoying though that had I needed it, I woulda been screwed

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.