Help with my School Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feelingreen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The GPAs are pretty low, even for URM. Best bet are your state schools and the HBCs, plus the low tier private MD schools, the newest MD programs, and all DO schools.

Call up the Admissions deans to see if you're competetvie. I'll bet all will say yes.

As far as DO schools, basically all schools will give a secondary application to a science GPA of 2.75 and up, except for 6 that require a 3.0. I have not yet scoured their websites individually, but expect to apply to around 10 DO programs (possibly more if I get rid of some MD programs).

When schools set up their programs nowadays, their curricumla are thoroughly vetted by their sanctioning bodies. They may take a few years to find out what works for their curriculum, but their benefit is that they can turn on a dime and toss stuff that doesn't work. Not so at long established schools. Bets answer is interview and decide where you feel you'll have the better fit.

What do you guys think? Also, what is the general opinion on entering a new medical school? Would it be better to attend an established DO program vs a new MD program?