Need Help with my School List/ WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting to SDN, but I am applying in the 2022-2023 cycle, and wanted to see if my school list is acceptable given my stats/experiences:
  • Undergrad: T20, graduated 2021
  • URM, female
  • State of Residence: NC
  • 3.76 cGPA and 3.76 sGPA.
  • 512 MCAT (128/127/130/127)
  • 50 hrs shadowing
  • 300 hrs paid employment as a virtual medical scribe. 213 hours paid employment as a K-12 tutor.
  • 280 hrs non-clinical volunteering. I volunteer as a tutor for K-6 grade, and as an advocate for individuals struggling with financial and housing insecurity.
  • 383 hrs clinical volunteering spread out over medical assistant volunteering and hospice volunteering.
  • ~2,800 hours of research with 2 publications (one a second author, another as mid-author. May have 3 by the time the cycle starts, but as of right now, 2) + 1 poster presentation.
  • Leadership: served as program director for youth mentorship program at two colleges that I helped to co-found.

Okay now for the schools list:

Brody SOM, UNC SOM, Wake Forest SOM, Duke SOM, Saint Louis Univ SOM, Univ of Vermont, EVMS, Emory, Albert Einstein, Meharry, Geisel SOM, Geisinger Commonwealth, Virginia Commonwealth, Morehouse SOM, Rochester, Univ of Wisconsin SOM & PH, Howard Univ SOM, Wright State, Quinnipiac, Georgetown, Tufts, Univ of Pittsburgh, Thomas Jefferson, Oakland Univ William, Icahn, VT Tech Carilion, Albany, Univ of Miami, Nova Southeastern, West Virginia.

I know Emory, Albert Einstein, Geisel SOM, Rochester, Univ of Pittsburgh, Icahn, & Duke SOM are all really far reaches but I just thought I'd give it a try! Let me know if there are any schools I should take off or add, and any advice would be helpful!! I'm really interested in pursuing an MD/MPH so that influenced a lot of the schools I added to my list. Please be nice, and thank you in advance! Also I apologize in advance for any grammar errors in the post!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You do not have any reaches on your list and should receive multiple interviews. You could add any of these schools:
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Kaiser
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Brown

You do not have any reaches on your list and should receive multiple interviews. You could add any of these schools:
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Kaiser
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Brown
Thank you so much for the review and suggestions!

I agree that your list seems solid. Have you connected with leaders at the SNMA chapters of the schools near the top of your list?
Hello! I have not yet but I plan to do this within the next few weeks. Thank you for your review!

Reactions: 1 user