Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Help with next semester schedule...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nichtmeinbier, Mar 6, 2007.

1. nichtmeinbier

My major is biochem...have first minor in bio and for just a couple more classes i can have a minor and certification in biotechnology...so, should i take pchem and biochem next semester and just try to do reaallly well in those beastly classes, or should i go balls to the wall and take biotechnology on top of those? Keep in mind I'll also have philo and a language...and an english class will replace the biotech if i decide against it...any help would be nice!:confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HumbleMD

HumbleMD hmmmm...

Resident [Any Field]
    Have no clue what a certification in biotechnology is...

I'm a biochem major, finishing up my last semester. In my program, the first sem of biochem involved a lot of memorization, whereas pchem was more math based, so they complement eachother well. As far as doing 3 chem classes in a term, you'll probably have to do it sometime. I had taken PChem, Genetics, and Analytical Chem together with some research and a physics lab. It almost killed me, but I made it through. Do what you have to do, but doesn't a biochem major with a bio minor seem a little redundant?

4. VCgirl

VCgirl New Member

Pre-Medical
    If you feel like you can do it, stick with Biochem. That was also my major. I took P Chem my senior year along with Calculus, Forensic Anthropology (300 level class), Genetics, and Adv. Organic. P Chem is not that bad. An understanding of multi-variable calc would be great. I did fine and took single-variable calc at the same time. You'll hear a lot of rumors that P Chem is the hardest class, ect. I feel that it is, but it also depends on how much time you are willing to spend understanding the concepts. Good luck with your decision.

5. nichtmeinbier

thanks guys...this undergrad game is one with many rules. its nice to be able to ask people who have played it longer for advice :)