Help with next semester schedule...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nichtmeinbier

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My major is biochem...have first minor in bio and for just a couple more classes i can have a minor and certification in biotechnology...so, should i take pchem and biochem next semester and just try to do reaallly well in those beastly classes, or should i go balls to the wall and take biotechnology on top of those? Keep in mind I'll also have philo and a language...and an english class will replace the biotech if i decide against it...any help would be nice!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

My major is biochem...have first minor in bio and for just a couple more classes i can have a minor and certification in biotechnology...so, should i take pchem and biochem next semester and just try to do reaallly well in those beastly classes, or should i go balls to the wall and take biotechnology on top of those? Keep in mind I'll also have philo and a language...and an english class will replace the biotech if i decide against it...any help would be nice!:confused:

Have no clue what a certification in biotechnology is...

I'm a biochem major, finishing up my last semester. In my program, the first sem of biochem involved a lot of memorization, whereas pchem was more math based, so they complement eachother well. As far as doing 3 chem classes in a term, you'll probably have to do it sometime. I had taken PChem, Genetics, and Analytical Chem together with some research and a physics lab. It almost killed me, but I made it through. Do what you have to do, but doesn't a biochem major with a bio minor seem a little redundant?

If you feel like you can do it, stick with Biochem. That was also my major. I took P Chem my senior year along with Calculus, Forensic Anthropology (300 level class), Genetics, and Adv. Organic. P Chem is not that bad. An understanding of multi-variable calc would be great. I did fine and took single-variable calc at the same time. You'll hear a lot of rumors that P Chem is the hardest class, ect. I feel that it is, but it also depends on how much time you are willing to spend understanding the concepts. Good luck with your decision.

thanks guys...this undergrad game is one with many rules. its nice to be able to ask people who have played it longer for advice :)