Status
Not open for further replies.

Ts1991

UKCOM 2018
Aug 23, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Just a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

1.) My professor wanted me to understand that hox genes exhibit what he calls "posterior preference" along with colinearity. I understand colinearity, but I can't seem to figure out what he means by posterior preference?

2.) What in the world is a sonic hedgehog protein?? I've found the wiki article and that helped a little, but in class he focused on SHH somehow being involved with neurulation or neural tube formation?

If anybody could help with either or both, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

911 Turbo

middle schooler aspiring doctor
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2010
mars
Status
Medical Student
Thats funny OP because one time during WWII my plane went down and I just had a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

1.) My professor wanted me to understand that hox genes exhibit what he calls "posterior preference" along with colinearity. I understand colinearity, but I can't seem to figure out what he means by posterior preference?

2.) What in the world is a sonic hedgehog protein?? I've found the wiki article and that helped a little, but in class he focused on SHH somehow being involved with neurulation or neural tube formation?

If anybody could help with either or both, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Life of the Party!
Aug 9, 2012
Inside a black hole
Thats funny OP because one time during WWII my plane went down and I just had a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nicely done. Also, pikachurin?!

By the way OP, SDN isn't for homework help.

Feb 6, 2013
Minneapolis
Status
Pre-Medical
The is another gene named as pokemon, short for POK erythroid myeloid ontogenic factor

Of course it was changed to Zbtb7 after some protest.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SDN is not the place for homework help. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.