n/a

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suddy0613

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
n/a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you doing the post bacc in order to better a pre-med undergrad GPA or are you a career changer? If you’re a career changer I don’t see much reason to delay. If it’s to boost a GPA and you already have significant pre-med work I see why you may want to wait.

I don't think you need a formal post bacc. I'm a non trad (nurse) that had none of the prerequisites other than gen chem I. I enrolled myself into my local school and took classes part time while I worked over a period of 2.5years or so (I guess this would be considered an informal post bacc). I didn't need GPA repair though, so if you do I would sit down and talk to the premed advisor at a local college. The formal post-baccs are very expensive if I remember correctly because I initially had looked into doing one. If you start taking classes now at a full time rate and go through the summers, you could maybe apply for the 2021 cycle, if that's too quick than shoot for 2022.

Reactions: 1 user