Help with Pre-Pharmacy program.

Paul N

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been searching websites to websites, hundred of google pages, and I finally reach here where I can get some trustful, and valuable answers.

I'm currently a senior in highschool and trying to gather as information as I can right now before applying. Some of the things I'm about to say might be wrong so please correct me.

According to my researches, you need to start pre-pharmacy program in order to get into Pharmacy school. Pre-pharmacy is a 4-year program, will it cover the "general education" courses that you need?

I live in California so the university system might is different than other states. But I can't seem to find this program under the list of majors. Is it catalogized under "Pre Professional Programs"?

I've also heard of Pre-pharmacy transfer program where you start your first 2 years in a community college then transfer to a 4-year university to complete the program. Is this possible and are there any catches?

Hope you guys can help me out :oops:
________
Lamborghini bravo history

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link :) It answers 90% of my questions but there are few more that i cannot find and understand. Since I'm still new to these information, some one of my questions can be a little dumb or might not make any sense.

I've been going through most of the college's major lists and I can't seem to find any program about Pre-Pharmacy. Is this because it falls into other catalogy or there is none? Or I have to take Chemistry instead....

According my academic stats, i know that i won't be able to make it to any 0+6 schools. So the "early assurance schools" is my next option. Will the course for Pre-pharmacy cover the G.E.?

I have other questions to ask to but they aren't coming out of my head right now so I'll add in later. Any tips would be appreciated.

Btw, my stats are quite bad but i'm going to try and bring it up on my last year of senior.
GPA: 3.49 (only A's & B's so far)
SAT1: 1330 (very low b/c I'm a bad test taker & english is my 2nd language so another reason why it brought me down so much)
SAT2: 470 math2 ; 410 us history.
Volunteer service: 200+ hours at county hospital
Club: Solar cup
Sport: none
________
Second-Generation Ford Mustang Picture

Last edited: