Help With Qr!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHITMAN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if its just me, but the Kaplan QR subject tests are EXTREMELY tedious. Not difficult, but each problem is a word problem that takes a long time to set up. I am not finishing in time and this is really worrying me. Is the real QR like this with every problem a word problem? Any tips on finishing in time?

(i'm referring to the subject tests that are 25 questions in length...i'm getting up to number 15 in 45 minutes)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah pretty much, the thing is though, is finding the trick in the problem and the calculations should be straight forward. The problems aren't hard but like you said tedious. Just takes a lot of practice to do them faster.

I also have problems with finishing the Math portion, but i did notice i do it slightly faster compared to others, but that's because my Major is Mathematics. But yeah i do agree, i tend to lose myself on a problem for too long.

Also i would recommend skipping problems that you think or come to realize will take you too long to do and come back to them.

Yeah pretty much, the thing is though, is finding the trick in the problem and the calculations should be straight forward. The problems aren't hard but like you said tedious. Just takes a lot of practice to do them faster.

I also have problems with finishing the Math portion, but i did notice i do it slightly faster compared to others, but that's because my Major is Mathematics. But yeah i do agree, i tend to lose myself on a problem for too long.

Also i would recommend skipping problems that you think or come to realize will take you too long to do and come back to them.

im having the same prob with the subject tests. but i think the section tests are too easy. also remember that the real DAT is supposed to have 30 regular probs and 10 word problems. so maybe the real thing will be somewhere between the subject tests and section tests. i dont know i havent taken it yet but good luck

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago with the exactly same concern. I think the Kaplan QR subject tests are very difficult. The word problems and even some of the calculations...there's no way to finish in the given time frame unless you are just a math whiz.

I am gravely concerned because someone who just took the DAT said that the Kaplan QR was easier than the real thing....if that's the case, I am in big trouble.