help with school list - low mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhtotte

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I need some help with a school list. I just got my MCAT score back and it's not great, 1st attempt 497, anddd 2nd attempt 497. My app has already been submitted and verified so I kind of want to apply to a small number of schools just in hopes that I might have a chance.

IL resident, non-URM female
chem major, cGPA 3.52, sGPA 3.3 (sGPA might increase slightly from 7 science credits of A's this summer)
>2000 ER scribe hours, 600 hours working in a medical business office
30 hours primary care shadowing, 25 hours ortho, 45 hours peds, LOR's from MD and DO
leadership experience in college and currently a chief scribe
around 200 clinical volunteer hours and 150 non-clinical
1 year research
starting a 1 year Biomedical Science certificate program at Marian in a few weeks

I am applying to Marian since I will be going there for the biomedical science program this fall. I know I am below the MCAT averages at most DO schools, but are there any that I might have a shot at with my stats?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are not an URM, you better be repping some sweet clinical experiences. I recommend the newest DO schools, and a retake.

Does Marian have a linkage agreement with the Biomedical science students?

If you are not an URM, you better be repping some sweet clinical experiences. I recommend the newest DO schools, and a retake.

Does Marian have a linkage agreement with the Biomedical science students?

If you get a 3.5 in the first semester you get an automatic interview. Last year's class 18/22 of those who qualified for the interview got accepted

I would ask why the other 4 did not get accepted. 80% acceptance isn't too bad, but a 3.5 is a bit easier said than done.

I think you should put your full focus on nailing the masters. If you have a shot at medical school, take it.

If you get a 3.5 in the first semester you get an automatic interview. Last year's class 18/22 of those who qualified for the interview got accepted

Reactions: 1 users