Help with School list (TX resident. 3.65, 492--->500)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefulldr

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I have already submitted my primaries to get the verification process started bc I was waiting on my mcat retake.

I need some help with my school list:

As of rn:

VCOM AUBRERN
Campbell
OSU COM
Lincoln memorial
Tennesse
Kansas City DO
+ the DO schools in texas


1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
cGPA- 3.65
sGPA- 3.5
2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts.
492 (123/123/123/123)
500 (125/125/124/126)

3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
US Permanent Resident – TX
4. Ethnicity and/or race
East Asian
5. Undergraduate institution or category
State school – probably mid tier
6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
100 hrs- Hospital Volunteering
300 hrs- Medical Assistant
500 hrs- Patient Care Tech

7. Research experience and productivity
300 hrs in first lab- no pubs
60 hrs in second lab- no pubs BUT had my own project, presented to the department and wrote 3 papers and a thesis

8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
182 hrs- ER
30 hrs- ENT
5- Sports medicine
6- Anesthesiology
15- Family Medicine
12- Radiology

9. Non-clinical volunteering
80- Peer noteaker for disability center
21- Volunteered at domestic abuse shelter
300- Founded an organization that gives free music lessons to underserved school orchestras
140- distrubute hygine items to at risk students

10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)

348- University Orchestra
272- Honors student Council
50 -Triatholon Team
300- Womens org

11. Relevant honors or awards
deans list
12. Anything else not listed you think might be important

talked about my experiance with being diagnosed with a learning disability in college


Should I add some MD schools to my list?
 
Last edited:
Hi!

I have already submitted my primaries to get the verification process started bc I was waiting on my mcat retake.

I need some help with my school list:

As of rn:

VCOM AUBRERN
Campbell
OSU COM
Lincoln memorial
Tennesse
Kansas City DO
+ the DO schools in texas
You're 2x MCAT taker with a top score of 500. That's lethal for MD. Stick to DO schools.

I can't recommend LMU or the new TN school in Memphis.

I suggest:
All VCOMs
Campbell
OSU COM
KYCOM
ARCOM
NYITCOM-AR
ACOM
UIW
TCOM
Sam Houston
WVSOM
all LECOMs
KCOM
MUCOM
all PCOMs
Nova
TUNCOM