School List Help! URM Low MCAT/Mid GPA

Started by Anki4Life
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anki4Life

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im a URM (African American) looking to apply DO schools. Here are my stats:

overall GPA: 3.55, science GPA 3.4, MCAT 503, from northeast

Shadowing: 100hrs (MD only)
Volunteer: 1,000hrs (underserved communities)
Clinical Experience: 4,000hrs (CNA and mental health tech)
Research: 300hrs (health disparities) + 2 poster presentations
Some awards (not nationally recognized just for doing stuff at my undergrad)
Leadership: positions all related to DEI

My writing is above average. PCOM-Philly is my top choice (I hope i have a shot)
 
Where is your state of residence? Have you applied to any MD schools?
NJ and I’m not sure if I’m competitive for any of them, so I haven’t applied yet. I want to be a doctor and I’m happy with DO. Are there MD schools I should apply too?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Your 3 New Jersey state public schools
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Xavier Ochsner (when it opens)
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Methodist
Belmont
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
I suggest these DO schools:
PCOM (all schools)
Rowan
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
 
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Your 3 New Jersey state public schools
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Xavier Ochsner (when it opens)
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Methodist
Belmont
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
I suggest these DO schools:
PCOM (all schools)
Rowan
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
would UNECOM and CCOM (midwestern-chicago) be okay to add too? Thanks for the help!