Help with school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bschaefer97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. 505MCAT, ~3.8GPA in biosciences.

Hoping to get into UA Tucson or Phoenix (Phoenix preferred), as well as Mayo Scottsdale.

EC's include:
150 hours volunteering at hospital
500+ hours research (volunteer)
150+ hours research (paid through program/stipend)
Presented 2 research posters: 1 at school research program, 1 at neuroscience conference
2 years of teaching chemistry labs at my university (general chem I and II), as well as recitations.
Member of my college's Academic Bowl team
Senator of my college for 1 year (freshman)
Member of my university's Student Health Advisory Board (2 years now)
Intramural soccer captain 2x... lol (hate when people list this.. but if it helps, might as well)
Student in the honors college at my university

Might be missing something but this is the jist of it, so thanks for any help!
(If you would rather just suggest which region of the rankings I should go for, that is also helpful).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. 505MCAT, ~3.8GPA in biosciences.

Hoping to get into UA Tucson or Phoenix (Phoenix preferred), as well as Mayo Scottsdale.

EC's include:
150 hours volunteering at hospital
500+ hours research (volunteer)
150+ hours research (paid through program/stipend)
Presented 2 research posters: 1 at school research program, 1 at neuroscience conference
2 years of teaching chemistry labs at my university (general chem I and II), as well as recitations.
Member of my college's Academic Bowl team
Senator of my college for 1 year (freshman)
Member of my university's Student Health Advisory Board (2 years now)
Intramural soccer captain 2x... lol (hate when people list this.. but if it helps, might as well)
Student in the honors college at my university

Might be missing something but this is the jist of it, so thanks for any help!
(If you would rather just suggest which region of the rankings I should go for, that is also helpful).

I suggest getting in some non-clinical volunteering if you really wish to be competitive, especially with that MCAT score.

Consider:

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Oakland U Beaumont

Loyola

Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)

WVU

MCW

Creighton

VCU

Albany

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest getting in some non-clinical volunteering if you really wish to be competitive, especially with that MCAT score.

Consider:

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Oakland U Beaumont

Loyola

Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)

WVU

MCW

Creighton

VCU

Albany

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Thanks for the quick help! Much appreciated. I'm an AZ school student and resident, does this help with getting into UA Phx? Thanks!