Help with this concept!!! anyone plz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Northerncardinal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pulmonary vascular resistance increases in hemorrhagic shock. How??? I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer. Anyone please

Members don't see this ad.

Working backward I get this:

Keep in mind that septic*** shock is typically due to the body response to bacterial endotoxins (most common) = inflammatory cytokines released from liver (acute phase proteins) = vasoconstriction via inflammatory response

Last edited by a moderator:
Working backward I get this:

Keep in mind that hemorrhagic shock is typically due to the body response to bacterial endotoxins (most common) = inflammatory cytokines released from liver (acute phase proteins) = vasoconstriction via inflammatory response
Are you talking about endotoxic shock? I thought hemorrhagic shock was when you lose too much blood from bleeding, hence the name hemorrhage

Not enough blood will lead to pulmonary vessel constriction to keep blood flow to different parts of lung, cumulative vasoconstriction will lead to increase pulmonary resistance...