1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help with USMLE !!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Stomatologist, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Hello folks,

I really need some help. My father is a foreign trained doctor with more than 25 years of expertise. He is now 54, and was initially a little uneasy about taking the licensing exams (He has been in the States for 3 years). Finally, he has decided to prepare and take them.

According to your experience, which are the best preparation materials for the USMLEs both step I and II. Is it Kaplan?
    Is it better to take step II first and then step I?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. raminder

raminder New Member

Hello, I am currently studying in Hungary, from Iowa. I can tell you that Kaplan is highly recommended. I am currently studying for the USMLE step I, and the materials I am using are -
    Kaplan notes three volume series, along with the Kaplan Q bank,
    High Yield Gross Anatomy
    High Yield Embryology
    High Yield Neuroanatomy
    BRS Behavioral Science, or High Yield
    Lippincott Biochemistry
    Medical Microbiology and Immunology - Examination and Board review.
    BRS Pathology
    Lippincott Pharmacology
    BRS Physiology
    I will attend the 13 week Kaplan course in Chicago this summer. Obviously, this is too much, but I have already been through a few of the books, and only refer to others.
    Please E-mail me if you have further questions.

4. aliraja

aliraja Troublemaker
    10+ Year Member

Get yourself the current edition of First Aid for the USMLE... in the back, they've got a list and ratings of all the prep books and courses and what not. Good stuff and a great starting place.