help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calgal03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I'm a new member to this site and I've found it really helpful! (I wish I learned of it earlier).

But I was wondering if you guys could give me you opinions are on my current situation. I had interviews with all of the California schools (I'm from CA) and have an interview at Midwestern University in Arizona next week. I haven't heard from any of the California schools yet except for Western which I got in. Problem is that I couldn't get into one of the prerequisite courses for Western and I am still waiting for them to see if they would allow me to take it in the summer. So that's kind of iffy.

I'm debating whether I should go to the interview in Arizona or wait for the other CA schools. What do you guys think I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

if you got interviews at all of the ca schools and did ok then you'll get into at least one, besides western, for sure.

I would go for the interview. Even if you will most likely get into another CA school, its better to not lose an opportunity just in case. Why take a chance? In the end, it will be your decision where you want to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by shal
I would go for the interview. Even if you will most likely get into another CA school, its better to not lose an opportunity just in case. Why take a chance? In the end, it will be your decision where you want to go.

I agree! I'd go to the interview just to play it safe. Good luck!

Since there is very little to lose and lots to gain.... I would go to the other interview. It would really suck to lose a year if you had to re-apply. The interview isn't that bad. :)

I agree with everyone- go to that interview and give it all you've got! It'll be great practice AND you know, there is still the possibility of not getting into CA.

i agree. go to the interview just in case. enjoy the nice weather in arizona and catch a giants game in scottsdale if your there once the games have started.

Originally posted by azpremed
i agree. go to the interview just in case. enjoy the nice weather in arizona and catch a giants game in scottsdale if your there once the games have started.

Actually that's a good point. I came down here last year around spring training time, and it was difficult to find a cheap hotel in the area. It's not impossible or anything, but you might want to look into it rather quickly just to be sure.
:idea:

THANKS everyone!! I think I will go to the interview...i might really like it there!:D

THANKS everyone!! I think I will go to the interview...i might really like it there!:D

I agree with everyone that you should go to the interview. Its an opportunity to know more about the school and its environment. From my experience, I had an interview at Nevada (at the time it was not my top choice) and end up really liking the school. So you never know. Good luck!

Think of the Arizona interviews as practice for your California interviews. The more practice you have, the more likely you'll get into your first choice school! Good luck!

Gosh, If I could I would make Arizona my number one choice. Thats not a knock on the CA schools or anything, im really partial to the 3 year program and I really like Midwestern University. I wish I could have gone there sometimes, but I love where I am at!

It's true...I applied to Midwestern-Glendale without real intentions of going there. But my interview experience was awesome, and you can't beat Phoenix weather in March. You'll like it, I promise. :)