Help!!!!!!

Munchkin6245

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
WDM
  1. Medical Student
    OH do I need help!? I'm a postbacc torn inbetween two options at this time. I understand the reasoning that an MD is an MD degree anywhere you go and that I'll have more difficulty getting a residency position in the US if I went to SGU. I will be taking the April '04 MCAT and would like to get into SGU for the Aug '04 term, since this would mean that I wouldn't have to wait until Aug '05 to marticulate. BUT...I haven't applied to any US schools yet and had the idea that I would wait until this June to decide if I would apply to US schools or not based on my April MCAT score (basically to see if I need to retake it in Aug). I guess my real question is with my gpa and background should I apply for SGU for Aug '04 and go or should I wait, and apply to US schools for the Aug '05 term? Here are the underlying factors that I need to take into consideration:

- BS - Medical Technology from SWTSU '01
    science GPA 3.45 overall 3.37

- taken/taking physics and human physiology at University
    Houston '03-'04 gpa 3.65

- working ft past 3 years as Medical technologist with minimal
    volunteer experience but lots of clinical exp. with my career

- want to specialize in pathology since that's what I've been
    doing since junior yr. in college (huge desire to become a path.)

- financially....well, I must get loans to cover everything including
    living expenses and tuition no matter where I go to school

Please help!!! Need some good advice! :( :( :( :( :(

markglt

15+ Year Member
    Oct 27, 2003
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I think you should tk. the mcat, see how it goes. I think you have a solid shot at a US school, good gpa, good career. In the grand scheme of things a year is jack squat. Do what you feel would suit you best, and good luck.

-mark

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.