HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nathenrodgers243

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I am not applying this cycle, but will be as soon as the next cycle opens up in the spring. I just took my MCAT examination and scored a 507 (129 in Chem/Phys, 124 in CARS, 128 in Bios, 126 in Psych). My cGPA is a 3.769 and my scienceGPA is a 3.874. I will be graduating this with a degree in biology and a minor in chemistry. I have over 120hrs of clinical volunteering, 50hrs nonclinical, 45hrs shadowing, a medical mission trip to the Dominican Republic, 1 1/2 years of research experience (hopefully a coming publication), I am an undergraduate teaching assistant in a microbiology lab, and multiple letters of recommendation. I will continue to do more volunteer work clinical and nonclinical until my application process begins. I live and want to stay in Ohio. So my question is for anyone who might be familiar with Ohio schools. The ones I am planning on applying to are: Toledo, Wright State, Cincinnati, NEOMED, OSU, OU(DO). I don't want to take my MCAT again because it sucks and the timing to put aside is just too much. Want some feedback as to whether or not you guys think I have a shot at any of those schools (excluding OU because I am confident I can get accepted there).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine for your OH schools. I'd add the DO school in Columbus to the list, though.

The mission trip will be viewed as "medical tourism".

So you think that if I apply to Toledo, Wright, and Cincy i have a shot at an interview? keep in mind that I will be applying as soon as it opens because I have my MCAT done with. @Goro

Members don't see this ad :)
OHCOM> >>NEOMED, Wright, Toledo> OSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U Cinci
Really appreciate the help man. Toledo would be my dream but I just don't know if my stats are good enough. Thanks! @Goro