HELP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wafa2616

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year medical student from Tunisia. Are there any available recommended residency programs abroad that I can join?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 4th year medical student from Tunisia. Are there any available recommended residency programs abroad that I can join?
1) Abroad as in the US? Otherwise, as a US site we wouldn't have much information about foreign programs
2) If you are speaking of the US, have you taken the US licensing exams and done all the work required to apply to US residency programs?

Reactions: 1 user
1) Abroad as in the US? Otherwise, as a US site we wouldn't have much information about foreign programs
2) If you are speaking of the US, have you taken the US licensing exams and done all the work required to apply to US residency programs?
thank you for your reply, could you please tell me more about the US program, and just wanted to ask you, in case I do the residency in the US do I get a degree later that allow me to work? since im not getting a degree in case i do not do my residency in our national hospitals. thank you very much for your help

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for your reply, could you please tell me more about the US program, and just wanted to ask you, in case I do the residency in the US do I get a degree later that allow me to work? since im not getting a degree in case i do not do my residency in our national hospitals. thank you very much for your help
Residency training does not result in a degree but rather a certificate of completion.

Completion of residency training would technically make you eligible for employment as a physician in the United States however it does not change your visa status or citizenship.

Getting into residency training in the US is a complicated procedure especially for someone who requires a visa. However it can be done if your school meet certain educational requirements. I suggest starting here for more information about the process: www.ecfmg.org

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys, I had a similar request, now know where to search:)