General Admissions & OTCAS HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureHealthCareWorker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering..what are some good schools to apply to with a 3.2 GPA and 304 GRE score and lots of extra curricular activities..I am feeling stressed about my low stats :( need some help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the same stats with a lower GRE and feel confident. Apply where you want and hope for the best!

Hi!!!

Just try to apply to schools that offer OT program. I have low GRE, but I'm going to apply. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering..what are some good schools to apply to with a 3.2 GPA and 304 GRE score and lots of extra curricular activities..I am feeling stressed about my low stats :( need some help and advice.

Don't worry about your stats. They aren't SUPER low, but they are also not that high. I've seen others with lower GPA get into OT school. First off, is your 3.2 GPA your cumulative GPA? If so, I would look into schools that look at your last 60 units. Maybe you didn't do too well the beginning years of college, but you did way better the last 60 units. If that is the case, then your last 60 units may be well above a 3.2 GPA. Some schools that look at only your last 60 units include: SJSU, West Coast University (I believe there is a thread somewhere with a list of schools that look at the last 60 units). Also, if you are great at interviewing, I would suggest applying to schools that does interviews (this is the best way to showcase how truly passionate you are about becoming an OT). Typically, the schools that does interviews do not look into your stats as heavily as other schools that do not conduct interviews.

Overall, you shouldn't stress over your stats. They are decent, I've seen worst. Just be prepared to broaden your school choices. You will get into a program, just be open to different options.

There are more to applications than just GPA and GRE. Since you mentioned you have lots of extra curricular activities, communicate what you learned from those experiences that is relevant to OT and explain why those experiences can make you a great OT!

What’s your GRE score tho? I have low GRE scores too . :/
I have a 150 V 140 Q 4.0 AWA, so my GRE is a 290. I might retake but I am so busy right now.
My GPA is a 3.27 cumulative, 3.68 last 60 and 3.89 prerequisite GPA. Theres not much you can do but be positive! I would focus on applying to schools who do not stress the GRE. One school I am applying to said they really only care about verbal and awa. You should do some research and make some calls!

I have a 150 V 140 Q 4.0 AWA, so my GRE is a 290. I might retake but I am so busy right now.
My GPA is a 3.27 cumulative, 3.68 last 60 and 3.89 prerequisite GPA. Theres not much you can do but be positive! I would focus on applying to schools who do not stress the GRE. One school I am applying to said they really only care about verbal and awa. You should do some research and make some calls!

Thank you for the input! I will also apply even though my GRE scores are low. I might retake it too next year! Goodluck to us!

Thank you for the input! I will also apply even though my GRE scores are low. I might retake it too next year! Goodluck to us!
Yes, there is time! I am applying here in the next two weeks but hopefully will take in early October...the GRE is an unnecessary stressor! Being **** at math is no indicator of my abilities as a future OT! Good luck to you :)

Hey there, I've been looking at this post and wanted to ask what schools do not heavily weigh the GRE? My GRE score is poor, but GPA is good. I am trying not to lose hope and just apply everywhere. However, that is costly. I'm glad I ran across this post!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile