HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujay11

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...just need some advice from some of you who may have gone through what i am going through now. So far, med school has been a bit of a struggle for me. I by no means have photographic memory and need to spend a considerable amount of time reading and re-reading the material to recall the information for my classes. Just started anatomy this week and feel COMPLETELY overwhelmed with the info. I just don't know if there are enough hours in the day to keep up with it. Less than a week, and i already feel so far behhind. Anyone with a similar situation....and if so, how did you overcome it?

Members don't see this ad.

1st) Take a couple of deep breaths.

2nd) What are you using to study?

I used Board Review Series- Gross Anatomy by Chung, Netter's, and the Blue Topics from Moore's gross anatomy for clinical senarios. For lab, get your self a copy of Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human Body by Johannes W. Rohen, Chihiro Yokochi, Elke Lutjen-Drecoll. This book has color photos of cadavers in various stages of dissection with labels on important structures.

If you know almost everything in Chung, you will pass almost any written exam. If you know ~70% of Netter's and Rohen you will pass almost any practical exam.

Read Chungs twice before anatomy is over, cover to cover. If that's not enough do it 3 or 4 times. Chung's also has good written question samples as well.

Also, have a copy of Netter's open to the page corresponding to what you are reading in Chung's. I'm a visual learner. So, I always had copies of both open and would go back and forth between the words and the pictures.