HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbkatz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Have a quick question for all the Med students out there. I have the opportunity to take Biomolecular Chem at UW Madison that all the first year MD's take. However I am a not a MD student yet, I will still be un undergrad. Do any of you know if you can pass out of classes or if credits transfer? I called MCOW the other day and they said they could not say they would or they wouldn't for sure. I would have to make a specific request for it. Let me know what you guys think. Do you think I should enroll in Bio. Chem. ?

Members don't see this ad.

YES! by all means..its been my experience that Med Biochem tends to be a butt-kicker for most first years, including myself. It will be nice for you to have some background knowledge in Biochemistry.
As far as transfering credit for when you start med school, I am assuming you mean attending that medical school and not some other one right? In that case, I think that if you can get an A in the class, I'm sure they will have a hard time giving you a reason to not to transfer that credit. However, if you get average in the class, its possible they may want you to retake it in med school to get a better grade or something.. then again, i'm not on the administration so I don't know for sure.. but do get some background knowledge in biochem...it helps!!